Dear Player and Parents,
Many thanks for your replies regarding the tour. We are delighted to report that we’ve had a great response, and it seems as though we can make the tour a reality!
15 players have indicated they are keen to tour, with 1 maybe, 2 declines and a handful yet to reply. We also have a good core of parent helpers willing to come along (around 8 or 9 probable), so we can make it work from a safeguarding point of view.
The tour dates are confirmed as Sunday 21st – Wednesday 24th October based broadly on the itinerary attached. The hotel we will most likely be staying in can be found here: http://www.hotelsamba.es/en/hotel-samba-lloret-de-mar
As far as cost is concerned, it looks as though the £400 budget figure is not far off, depending on flight costs which are currently ranging between £110 and £160 with the low-cost airlines. We are unable to get a fixed price on the flights until we actually book, so my proposal is to ask for deposits of £150 per person, to be paid into a separate Club Tour account (details to follow) no later than Feb 9th. On the basis that we can deliver the whole tour (flights INC LUGGAGE, accommodation, food and drink at hotel, 2 matches, transport to and from the airport and matches) for £440 or under, we’d like your consent to book.
N.B. Accommodation is based on the girls sharing 3 per room. There is a single room supplement of £15 per person per night for those that want it (adults). There is also an additional charge for luggage - £20 for a 15kg bag, £22 for a 23kg bag (Prices are per person per flight). Perhaps we will be able to pool some of the luggage to keep costs down, but once we know what luggage is needed we can advise whether this cost can be incorporated into the total tour cost.
The next steps –
- Please check the dates above are ok. Flight times are currently unknown, but will be from Gatwick airport. Transport to/from Gatwick is down to the individual to organise.
- Please make a payment of £150 (non-refundable deposit) into the Club Tour account no later than Feb 9th. The sooner we can book, the better the chances of getting good flight prices. Bank details are: sort 77-95-21, a/c 87813960, name: AHC U16G Tour Account.
- Please submit the full name of all tourists, as written on the passport, and the passport number.
- We will ONLY book the flights and commit to the tour if the total cost is below £440 as detailed above. If the costs are higher, we will need the agreement of all those touring before we commit.
- Please indicate what luggage you would like to take for each passenger.
- Please indicate if you want a single room subject to the supplement above.
- Assuming the tour goes ahead, we would like to encourage the girls to do a bit of fundraising so that tour kit and transport for a day trip to Barcelona can be provided. We will help with this.
Please do ask if you have any further questions in the meantime. We will give you a further update very soon.
With best wishes
Grev and Matthew