GDPR entered into force on 25th May 2018 and has influence on the way we store and use personal data from members of Alton Hockey Club. The Club must inform you:
1) What data are collected,
2) What the data are used for
3) Where and how they are stored.
The Club must obtain your permission to store your personal data. If you do not give your permission then, in future, the Club will only be able to contact and inform you using a written (postal) mode.
Please note that it is Alton Hockey Club's policy to communicate electronically. Particularly when selecting teams so opting out may lead to selection issues.
One novel aspect of the regulation is the right to be forgotten, whereby data from past members, other than their names must be deleted. Alton Hockey Club will adhere to this policy but will also retain payment history (for financial audit purposes).
1. Our data we collect on members are the following:
- 1.1 Surname of Member(s) and member’s forename.
- 1.2 Surname of Member’s parent or guardian and his/her forename (family membership only).
- 1.3 Date of birth of Member
- 1.4 Gender of Member
- 1.5 Postal address and postcode of Member.
- 1.6 Telephone number of member as well as emergency contact details
- 1.7 Date of subscription payment.
- 1.8 Amount of subscription.
- 1.9 Member’s email address (if existent).
- 1.10 Member’s medical information (including treatment).
- 1.11 Member’s relevant qualification titles and qualification dates (for volunteers) eg: coaching, DBS and first aid.
- 1.12 Our websites do not contain personal data except for the officers of the committee whose email addresses and telephone numbers are publically available.
- 2.1 The purpose of retaining this information is for communication with our members.
- 2.2 Some financial information must be retained for auditing.
- 2.3 Personal data are not shared with other organisations (including England Hockey and South Central and Hampshire Hockey).
- 3.1 Our data are kept on a password protected GDPR-compliant website with access restricted to the Committee and playing/coaching team management.
If you wish to rescind your permission for Alton Hockey Club to store your details, please email the membership secretary and ask for your profile to be deleted from Teamo.